Notable People from Longmont
It’s not often that we hear about notable or famous people from Longmont, Colorado. Not many people in the Denver Metro Area often think about Longmont, much less visit of their own volition. In truth, this helps keep our town a gem in the Front Range. It has great proximity to amazing colleges and universities, surrounded by farm country, has easy access to the Front Range Mountains & Colorado Rockies, continuously focuses on locally owned businesses, and so many more benefits! It’s no wonder that on occasion our small city gives rise to excellence.
Longmont may not be home to super celebrities like Oprah Winfrey, Tim Allen, or Jessica Biel, to name a few who live/lived in Colorado. That doesn’t mean our hometown celebs are any less spectacular. Here’s a short list of notable people from Longmont!
- Valarie Allman – In the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, Valarie took gold medal in discus!
- Greg Biekert – In the 90’s Greg played football for the L.A. Raiders, formerly played for the CU Buffs and Longmont High.
- David Bote – Who currently plays with the Chicago Cubs.
- Vance D. Brand – Joined NASA as an astronaut in in 1966 and has 746 hours in spacecraft flight.
- Elizabeth A. Fenn – A Pulitzer Prize for her history book Encounters at the Heart of the World: A History of the Mandan People
- Kody Lostroh – The 2009 Professional Bull Riders World Champion
- Kristen Schaal – Comedian and Actress best known for her rolls in 30 Rock, Flight of the Conchords, Gravity Falls, and so many more.
As Colorado grows, more opportunities come to this great state. Film, publishing, acting, and modeling all have small hubs here in Colorado. With more notable people and celebrities coming from or moving to Colorado these industries will continue to grow as well. We may see even more notable people coming from Longmont soon enough. It may even be you!
Do you know any famous people from Longmont? Comment below!